Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wyoming.... here they come!!!

As I'm sure you've all heard, Lucas got a job in Wyoming... Rock Springs! I have to say a couple of things about my little brother and his amazing wife! First, I am so proud of them. He lost his job and immediately went looking for a new job. He was willing to move out of state.... a lot of people aren't willing to do that. He found a job that he loves. It pays well and Shellie will be able to stay home with Legz and get a part time job. Hopefully they will be able to have another baby soon:). Lucas has been working for a few weeks now. But they had to be out of their house down here this week. So, this weekend, Ryan and I helped them move. This is their cute new apartment. With a little of Shellie's touch, it will be super cute and fun for them.

Legz didn't want to be in the picture, but then changed her mind.
I have been crying all weekend! This will be such a great experience for them and a new adventure. But I am going to miss them soooooo much! They are only 3 hours away and I know we'll see them often, but it was so hard to see them pack up their home that they love and move to a strange place. Shellie is my best friend and Legacy is just one of my kids. Joren and Legacy area best friends and it will be so hard for them to not see each other as much. And I have always felt like a mom to Lucas, so it will be hard to not see them as much. But I know we'll stay in touch and we'll visit them as often as we can... and I'm sure they'll be down often because there isn't even a Target in Rock Springs.

Shellie is staying with us for a couple of weeks while she trains the new girl at work then she's vacationing in St. George before she heads up to live with Lucas. Wish them luck in their new adventures!!!

PS... just had to include this pic of the boys all cuddled up in bed together. We stayed in a hotel last night and I actually ended up in bed with all 3 of them while Ryan got the whole other bed to himself... I'm not sure how we all fit in this one bed!

3 comments:

The York's said...

Good luck!!! Hope the transition goes well! Let us know if you need anything:)

Lucashell said...

We are going to miss you guys so much, I am not sure what we are going to do without you guys.... One of the coolest things is that I have been wanting to stay in that adorable guest room, now we get too.. Especially when legz makes these cute comments about how much she loves the room...

Lib-Dawg said...

Wow. Summer I'm impressed you got on the blogs??? Shellie, this is so awesome that you get to move to WY and have this new adventure. And, you get to be a stay at home mom!!! I looked up Rock Springs and it looks like a cute town. Also, since you are a runner the elevation is higher so it will be great for you to train in a higher elevation. Make running down south super easy. (By the way are you running the St. George Marathon???) Good luck with the move. Hope I can come visit!!!