Friday, December 21, 2007

I-15 Travels


We headed to Santa Clara today to spend a couple of days before Christmas. It reminded me of our many travels coming south for Thanksgiving. There was one time in particular that I will never forget and therefore want to document.


Brenner was about 6 months old. Ryan was staying in Santa Clara because they had a surveying job down here. Lucas was taking the partially working Pink truck back home. Shellie was nice enough to come with me since I was alone with Brenner. It was, of course, snowing. (it always does over Thanksgiving.) We had made it to the Cove Fort exit and we had to pee tons. We were creeping along at a snail's pace. So, we got off the exit. It took us over an hour to get off the freeway, wait in line for the bathroom and get back on the freeway. By the time we got to Holden (I think), Lucas had given up. He was freezing without a heater. We left his truck off the exit and he came home with us. We had to take him back down there the next day to pick it up. It only took us about 8 hours to get home. Oh the memories!!!

No comments: